Friday, April 1, 2011

Very Proud

Seeing as I am "Livin In Fast Forward" aka Opie's Aunt, I was VERY proud of him today!! More on that in a few. I drove out to see Moosie like always, hoping that my trainer hadn't put the horses outside just yet, and thankfully, she hadn't so it was nice and easy to catch her lol she was just in her stall. With my Rope halter and lead in hand, I walked into the stall and she looked at me like "Moooooom...... WHY are you here so EARLY.... sigh..." And she put her head down and nuzzled against me as I put on her halter. We have been working very hard on lunging since SOMEONE has some issues with it... and its not me.

Moosie In: "EXCUSE ME..... Its not my fault speed horses aren't suppose to lunge normally. I just wana run and you makee me go in a circle."

Sigh... Yes.. Yes I do because thats what lunging is.... anyway. I spent about 15 minutes grooming her and picking out her feet REALLY good. She was a little sore when I took her out of her stall so I figured she might have a rock or somethin... Nothing that I saw... So I take her over to the indoor and start to lunge her and shes gimping... Great. I check ALL over her fronts... Nothing.. Her back left was a little stocked up, but not hot. So I figured she just was a bit stocked up in back from being in her stall overnight (Hence why I'm putting her on outdoor board starting on the 10th.) and I picked up her fronts again, and picked out a little bit more dirt, found a small pebble MAYBE the size of a pencil eraser (Width wise)... But anyway... I asked my trainer to watch her, and lo and behold, my mare was magically sound -.- April fools to me eh? She trotted out like a dream and cantered like a champ... Apparently my mare is SO tenderfooted that that ittybitty pebble was KILLING her.. -.- Puhlease.. Well after about 30 minutes of lunging, it was time to groom her up, give her some cookies and head over to See Opie!!!

Alright, now the reason I am SUCH a proud Aunt is because I got to ride Opie today and he did AMAZING. Kathryn had already did a bit of work on him, and offered to let me ride for a bit, so I did. (after a few teasing words of course) and I got on, and we worked a little bit on lead changes, and then neck reining. THIS is why I was so proud of him. He has never really understood the whole neckrein one handed thing... and today he was SOOO Good!!! We walked, joged, and loped ALL one handed!!! It was only rail work but still he was listening!! We even reversed!!! He stil has an issue of when you say "Good boy" he stops dead in is tracks thinking he is done BUT thats okay... we can still work on it!

All in all, a GREAT morning... Until it rained....

2 comments:

  1. *thumbs up* He did so good :) I'm very proud. He'll have the neck reining down in no time!! I'm soo excited to show this season!! Maybe you can do a class or two with him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what riley does with the good boys lol you guys need to come out and ride him!!

    ReplyDelete