Friday, April 29, 2011

And We're Off....

Alright. So. The bad news.... I just spent more money. The good news? Thena has shoes! Meaning less wear and tear on her hooves. She is doing great now! Two days ago was the first time I ever got on her. Seen on the right. We did walk trot, and she did awesome! She was so well behaved it was crazy. Later on that day with Opies mom I got on her again (No halter under her because I didn't have someone walk me) And walk, trot, and cantered her!!! She is a little slow with the whole cantering thing, and is always lagging, but that will be fixed up soon.


Yesterday we were at the barn again, Opies mom came over and we drove out together. When we got there, we waited because the shoer was going to be out in just a little bit (or so we thought)... after about an hour of waiting he showed up and we got front shoes on Thena, and full shoes on Bentley. Bentley behaved very well, and Thena didn't do too bad. Around the end she got bored and didn't want to stand but once I stood there and held her halter she calmed right down again. About an hour after that (Due to Opie ripping his blanket and being brought in to be worked then going loco on the lunge line...) we got the two of them out again and started grooming, saddling and lunging. Bentley didn't know how to canter on the lunge, and Opies mom FINALLY got him to do it both ways!!! Thena kinda taught herself because she had SO much pent up energy she just kinda went. hahaha, so She canters very well. After a little while, we both got on and just as we were warming up, Rileys mom showed up for a visit! (Not unexpected of course). After a little while, I finally cantered again on Thena, (this time with Spurs) And she was not nearly as laggy, though she still didn't want to break into it (We think she was a trotter, not a racer!) That girl has the LONGEST and FASTEST trot I have ever known. The picture below has us JUST getting into the canter, and as you can see, she does NOT want to go into it. SIlly girl....
All in all, a very nice two days, and I am going out again today! Sadly I am not off work, so I need to leave early, meaning no chance to work with my other baby girl Moosie, but Sunday for sure!
Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment