Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh yeah....

Alright Alright, I know I'm a bad mommy for not updating! Alright, well as in my last post, Nothing was new really to report on Moosie. Now? Ohhhh Boy...... Well, for one, She is no longer lame. So YAY!!!! I have ridden her 3 times since her move to her new barn. She settled in quite well, which I wasn't really scared of. She Isn't to hard to please. She is now living on out door board and she seems to be a bit more loving. I've ridden her english twice, and western once. She looks SOOOOO Cute english!!! We rode last night in a complete english getup, Bridle and everything, and OMG does she look adorable in that english headstall!!! No pictures of it yet because it was really dark outside by the time we got to ride (We didn't want to ride in the indoor, we like riding outside. and We includes Opies Mom!) All we did was trot, and alot of it hahaha, she was all sweaty (Shes so out of shape!!). We are slowly getting that english headset! I'm so proud of my girl!

But honestly, not as proud of my Moosie as I am of Bentley and Thena.... But don't tell her that! I'm not sure if I mentioned in my last post that Opies mom was getting not one, but TWO Off the Track TB's.... A 17+hh Gelding, and a 15.3ish hh mare...? Well, The gelding has been renamed Bentley, and the mare Thena. As soon as I saw them, it was freakin love. They are just darlings and though nervous in their new home, they are just so sweet. They are tattooed, and we will be looking them up pretty soon. I found that out because once they were settled in yesterday, we went out to catch them and we groomed them up, tacked them with our english stuff (SOOOOO Glad I bought an english saddle....) and closed both doors, and lunged them. Bentley did much better then little miss Thena, but she is also the "Hot" one. She is very nervous, very jittery. You make her do anything she doesn't want to, and she stands there and shakes. Poor Girl =/ But I finally did get her to calm down a little and just trot on the lunge with out to much trouble. Then, of course I praised her for being so good, and noticed a little bit of blood on her lips and started freaking out, well since she is only 4, she is still losing her baby teeth!!! haha I freaked out at first thinking she bonked herself in the trailer and then bit down wrong while working, but shes perfectly fine. but as I was checking the tooth, I found her tattoo! I was so excited. We didn't think they were. Anyway! Today we are going to be working ALOT in the round pen. She needs to learn to just relax. You might notice that I am talking ALOT about little miss Thena... Well.. That is because she is basically mine.... I will be either buying or leasing her off Opies mom pretty soon IF Thena works out as a good sound horse. Yes, I have Moosie, but she is no longer a challenge for me =( I like a challenge and I like to do something other than just barrels, hence the english riding of Moosie haha. I know she will never be a GOOD English horse, So I am hoping Thena works out. They also have no ground manners... But that is quite typical of an OTTB, So Rope halters are a godsend. We don't want to use chains because then they will never respect the halter, just the chain.... and though the same could be said of a rope halter, at least this way you can have the regular halter on as well and have two lead ropes, like I did last night. and she responded really well.

Todays Goal? Get a few round pen pictures of Thena, and make sure she starts to calm down while working and not get so nervous. (and catch her in the pasture with out issue...)

Pictures up tonight!! Promise!!

2 comments:

  1. ^.^ so happy you like her...shocking we picked horses that worked for us..i like geldings, you like mares. it all works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Love her lots, and yes, it is shocking but awesome none the less. Thanks so much for letting me work with her!

    ReplyDelete